Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:27:16 +0100
Kai Ponte wrote:
On Thursday 11 January 2007 03:44, Primm wrote:
Hi everyone

Under KDE in 10.2 I can 'safely remove' a disk by right clicking upon its
icon. Is there a command line version to do the same? In any case what does
it actually do? Can't I just pull the plug and walk away with it?

Well, I've been repeatedly told I'm wrong, but for the past year or so - on pretty much a daily basis - I've just been taking the thing out of the socket and letting SUSE take care of the rest.

Not had a problem yet (/me knocks on head).

if you happen to copy 12 Gb (one hour) dv video to your usb drive, making so make you at risk...

sync make you sure all the data is written on all the disks presents on the system. You must wait it to return, of course.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
Votez pour nous, merci - vote for us, thanks :-)