Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 2.1
  • From: Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:59:41 +0200

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 02:52 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Hans van der Merwe wrote:

> >> Just tried using Tahoma in a test document and found no problems with
> >> this font.
> >>
> >> Do you have Geecko>Configure Desktop>Appearance>Fonts>Use
> >> Anti-aliasing>Configure>Use Sub-pixel hinting set to Medium?
> >>
> >> Cheers.
> >
> > I have all that setup - my desktop and ALL other apps display fine
> > (Tahoma 8pt anti-aliasing off - till up to 12pt)
> > Just OO displays horribly with anti-aliasing turned off in its
> > configuration.
>
> Certainly turning off anti-aliasing in OO has some effect (you can see
> it immediately in the toolbar) but the Tahoma font is still very much
> readable and not as you describe (above).
>
> Cheers.

Ok unreadable is prop bit harsh - but as you say turning off
anti-aliasing in OO and using Tahoma for the menus (like I do for all my
other apps) just looks horrible.
I see there are others with the same issue:
http://en.opensuse.org/Talk:Optimal_Use_of_MS_TrueType_Core_Fonts_for_a_KDE_Desktop_on_SuSE
check the last post message.

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm