Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
  • From: Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:03:07 +0200

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 03:54 -0800, Martin Mielke wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> there's no such command that I'm aware of...
>
> I always disconnected the USB cable and SuSE did the rest (removing mount points, etc). Maybe this is not the right way... if so, please someone shed some light :-)
>

> Regards,
> Martin

You can always as "su" umount the drive? Or Im I missing something?

You can just pull the plug, IF the filesystem is flushed, you can set
the behaviour by right clicking on the USB stick icon -> Properties ->
Mounting -> Flushed IO, this will always flush the fs while copying to
it, can cause slowdown. There is also the Synchronous option, cant
remember what thats for?

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm