[Fwd: Re: [opensuse] automount?]
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:01:37 -0600

On 01/10/2007 Carlos E. R. wrote:
> It works different.
>
> If you use gnome or kde, it works. I mean, both environment handle
> automount themselves, somehow. This means that you should _not_ have
> any line in the /etc/fstab refering the dvd drive.

I'm not using 10.2, but 10.1. If I put a disk in one of my DVD drives a
box pops up and asks me what I want to do with it. If I leave the disk
in the drive after I close whatever I was using the only way to get the
drive back is to open and close the door again. In 10.0 the drives were
available in /media/ all the time, even if there was no disk in it. It's
almost like the drive ceases to exist after the application is closed.
I, for one, would like to have the 10.0 usability back in this respect.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh