Re: [opensuse] Microsoft Fixes Four Security Holes
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:31:58 +0100
>> wrote:
>>> Microsoft Fixes Four Security Holes
>>>
>>> Microsoft released three security patches for its prevalent Office
>> line
>>> of software and one for the Windows operating system on Tuesday,
>> fixing
>>> holes that could let an outsider take control of an unwitting
>> victim's
>>> computer. Two of the Office vulnerabilities and the Windows hole
>> were
>>> deemed critical, the company's highest threat level.
>>>
>>> See the Full Story:
>>> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55082.html
>>

>> Is it only me?
>>
>> What makes people believe that a reader of the opensuse.org
Mailinglist
>> should be by any means interested in what security holes Microsoft
fixes
>> in their products? Does this affect me as a openSUSE user? I don't
think
>> so.
>>
>> So please people. Keep this list on the topic of what it is. People
>> being interested in the MS Products and their failures will
subscribe to
>> a list where such things are discussed and announced. Otherwise the
next
>> one will start to post that a car company is putting a new break
system
>> in his car...
>
> While I understand your point you must also become aware that many
> people run Windows programs inside a Linux distro so information like

> the one above is not all that irrelevant to readers of this forum.
>
> Cheers.

Basil,

I completely see that other users (and besides, even me) also run
different products, from different manufacturers. But still, I believe,
that a forum / mailinglist should stay on it's topic. Or I can start to
forward all the security advisors (even for some linux products like
samba and whatever... which, IMO, would be MORE on the topic of this
list)... but I'm sure nobody wants them.

To be informed on the products you need / use, subscribe to the
respective information channels of this very product.

Dominique