Re: [opensuse] Microsoft Fixes Four Security Holes
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:28:32 +1100
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 11-01-2007 at 00:13, "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Microsoft Fixes Four Security Holes

Microsoft released three security patches for its prevalent Office
line
of software and one for the Windows operating system on Tuesday,
fixing
holes that could let an outsider take control of an unwitting
victim's
computer. Two of the Office vulnerabilities and the Windows hole
were
deemed critical, the company's highest threat level.

See the Full Story:
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55082.html

Is it only me?

What makes people believe that a reader of the opensuse.org Mailinglist
should be by any means interested in what security holes Microsoft fixes
in their products? Does this affect me as a openSUSE user? I don't think
so.

So please people. Keep this list on the topic of what it is. People
being interested in the MS Products and their failures will subscribe to
a list where such things are discussed and announced. Otherwise the next
one will start to post that a car company is putting a new break system
in his car...

While I understand your point you must also become aware that many people run Windows programs inside a Linux distro so information like the one above is not all that irrelevant to readers of this forum.

Cheers.

--
Hydrophobia, n: the fear of fire hydrants.