Re: [opensuse] Spamassassin - Working - How do I make it smarter??
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Shanahan" <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Spamassassin - Working - How do I make it smarter??

* david rankin <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-10-07 20:43]:
I now have spamassassin working and it is checking mail (see the
header below):

MIME_QP_LONG_LINE autolearn=no version=3.1.3

However, all of the spam still seems to be getting by. How do I train it
or set "autolearn" to tell it what is spam? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

21:33 wahoo:~ > rpm -ql spamassassin |grep bin
/usr/bin/sa-learn
/usr/bin/sa-update
/usr/bin/spamassassin
/usr/bin/spamc
/usr/sbin/rcspamd
/usr/sbin/spamd
21:33 wahoo:~ > man spamassassin
[...]
USAGE

spamassassin-run "spamassassin" front-end filtering script
sa-learn train SpamAssassin's Bayesian classifier
spamc client for spamd (faster than spamassassin)
spamd spamassassin server (needed by spamc)

21:34 wahoo:~ > man sa-learn
NAME
sa-learn - train SpamAssassin's Bayesian classifier

21:35 wahoo:~ > sa-learn --help
SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
For more information read the manual page
Usage:
sa-learn [options] [file]...

sa-learn [options] --dump [ all | data | magic ]

--ham Learn messages as ham (non-spam)

[....]

I'm sure you get the idea....

Thanks Patrick! I found the page http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SingleUserUnixInstall that had a really cool way to automate the process and it rocks. I'll see how it does over the next week or so.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street