Re: [opensuse] SegFaults
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:44:55 +0100
On Thursday 11 January 2007 01:13, Support @ Smart Networking wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Is it possible that a segfault could be caused by, not being able to write
> to a raid array ?

It's not impossible, but I would think it much more likely that not being able
to write would either cause it to fail with a different error message, or
just cause it to hang completely.

But sure, there are situations where a failure to write might cause a seg
fault.

> Im running 64bit opensuse on an intel xeon intel server mobo with and
> adaptec 2120 and im getting segfaults all over the place :(

My first port of call would be memtest (from the boot screen on the
installation CD or DVD).

If you have 10.2, perhaps you should also try the second test program, to see
if there are issues with acpi or other BIOS things.