Re: [opensuse] suse 10.2 and intel wireless 2200 card...
  • From: "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:01:58 -0600
J Sloan wrote:
Andy Harrison wrote:
Just wondering if anyone can help me get this working.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop, which detects my wireless card,
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection. I was running FreeBSD
6.1 and the wireless card worked fine, but I'm not having any luck
under suse. After trying to chase down rpm's to help me out, I
resorted to source and grabbed the drivers and firmware from
sourceforge from the ipw2200 and ieee80211 projects. I'm can't get
beyond the first step.

Why not simply activate the card using yast? There are already ieee80211
and ipw2200 modules which ship with suse.

If you have already tried that, exactly where did things fail?

Joe

Can one have two Internet connections (eth0 and eth1) "up" at the same time on startup? If it is, how does Linux select which one (e.g. what if both the wired and wireless devices are on and the computer is disconnected from the line)??

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
University City, Missouri 63130