[opensuse] automount?
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:44:48 -0600
OK, I give up!

Now it's time to ask the experts, since I can't seem to solve
this on my own.

I added a drive to my system, put 10.2 on it and can boot to
either it or my old 9.1 drive, mainly to compare operations
between the versions. My big problem with 10.2 is tied to the
dvd:

I cannot pop in a movie dvd and browse with konqueror because
automount (subfs) is deprecated.

I installed ivman but it says that /dev/hdc (the dvd drive)
doesn't exist, probably because it has a movie dvd in it.

Obviously 10.2 can see a data dvd when it's in /dev/hdc or
software adds from the dvd wouldn't work.

So, what do I need to do to duplicate the automount function that
works so well in 9.1?

Fred