[opensuse] k3b on suse 10.2: no devices
  • From: Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:55:25 +0100
Hi,

I did a fresh install from scratch, changing from (K)ubuntu to OpenSuSE
10.2/KDE.
just wanted to burn an iso with k3b and found to my surprise that as an
ordinary user, k3b is NOT configured to have access to my DVD-Rom and
DVD-Recorder. Even worse, being an ordinary user, I have no chance to add
my DVD devices. K3b tells me, the devices are not found, although they are
there ;-)
I tried with user root and had no such problems.

How can I cure this? I searched Google and the mailinglists last 1000
messages (I read through knode) but did not find an answer.

Any help is appreciated
kind regards
Eberhard