[opensuse] Some points of real annoyance in the 10.2 DVD install
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:48:30 -0500
It doesn't seem to know it's a DVD, and insists I put one of the cds,
into the cdr which, BTW isn't the drive I installed from ( no kidding!)

It seems most unwilling to accept any of the prior happy install
sources.. I'm still fighting w/ that.. gotta get my KonvenientSuse
installed so I can get my propietery driver for vidiot card installed..

and so it goes... alternatively it *has* accepted both my firewire disk
and my iaudio, which Opensuse downloaded GM wouldn't..

I notice we weren't in time to get the unbundling of Open Office and KDE
and oh yeah for fun lets add Koffice to the mix.. why? Shouldn't those
be SEPARATE *choices* ( w/ not a little emphasis on choices, even tho I
can't show the emphasis w/ plain text! Just want to be sure you know
what I am saying here.. it should not be a requirement to install and
office product to get KDE window manager..) is the same true in gnome?
I don't know I dislike that manager..

and so it goes