Re: [opensuse] How about integrating real 3D desktop - Looking Glass into openSUSE ?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:15:39 -0800
On Sunday 07 January 2007 21:26, James Wright wrote:
> Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> >> As soon as we have 3D monitors available it may become worthwhile.
> >>
> >> Given that we don't have such hardware, how can one call one 2D
> >> representation of 3D any more "REAL" than the next?
> >
> > Good point.
>
> Are these not really 3D monitors?:

It doesn't produce an image dispersed through space, it's just another
variation on schemes that send a different image to each eye.

<http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/lcd_monitors/15-17_inch/ll-151-3d/>

Does that design not require the viewer's head to be in a very specific
location w.r.t. the monitor to achieve the 3D effect? It also
effectively halves the spatial resolution of the display, since pixel
pairs are used to handle the binocular image generation.

> -James W.

Randall Schulz