Re: [opensuse] openSuSE 10.2 crashing too often
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 00:37:31 +1100
Clayton wrote:
is there any way to check the temperature and watch the r.p.m. on the fans w/o
going to BIOS-level?

lm-sensors works well for this. Once you ran sensors-detect you can
use lots of different tools to view the fan rpm/core temps etc.
(KSensors, gkrelm, SuperKaramba and pretty much any monitoring plugin,
etc etc).

Thanks for this. I'll now try these lm-sensors thing. (I rather miss the Motherboard Monitor I used in Windows to do this.)

Cheers.