Re: [opensuse] Re: [SLE] Nvidia drivers cause blank screen loading X
  • From: "Digvijoy Chatterjee" <digvijoy.c@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 01:43:12 -0500
I dont know if u had any luck with this ,
but for the almost same laptop as yours ,
I have an HP Pavillion dv6171cl laptop, AMD Turion64, with a GeForce Go
6150, dual booting with Media Center and OpenSuSE 10.2.
I was able to load the nvidia proprietary driver 1.9746 with 3-D Accln
etc..i booted the kernel with an extra param called noapic , and then
sax2 -m 0=nvidia
did the trick for me..
if required i can share the xorg.conf etc..I am not a gaming freak but
playing something as trivial as chromium on this card tells me it wont
be long before ...i change.

nvidia.ko running Nvidia is awesome...wish they would open source the code..

Thx
Digz

On 11/10/06, Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 05, 06 16:22:21 -0800, Chris Forzetting wrote:
> I have an nvidia geforce Go 6150 which is not on the supported hardware
> list on the nvidia site, though very close models are both up and down a
> numeric list.
>
> Thanks to your posts, I can get back to nv without reinstalling, but it
> does not look like I will be able to get any real power from this card
> under linux. :( oh, well...

Please open a bug report with all your findings. Seems like you stumbled
over a problem with a pretty new card (didn't know of 6150 upto now). So
there's probably a bug lurking in the driver / in the installation
process, which more people could fall into.

http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:X

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __