Re: [opensuse] Updates
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 19:08:02 -0500
On Saturday 06 January 2007 21:29, J. Scott Thayer M.D. wrote:
> I have tried to configure updates and am not having success. I have never
> had this problem with Suse before. I have registered the purchase with
> Novell, tried configuring KDE_Updater_Applet and all to no avail. I have
> read the Startup manual with no benefit. Any help would be appreciated.

SuSE 9.3.
This may or may not be related, I don't know. Every so often, I get a little
pop-up in the bottom bar, that says that security updates are available.
I go to YaST, and tell it to find the updates, and instead of security
updates, it's got all sorts of things about communicating in Danish, or
Chinese, or Korean, etc. (I certainly don't need updates in foreign
languages I don't read or speak.) Where are these security updates, and
how do I get them?

thanx, guys. --doug