Re: [opensuse] Any experiences with ATI 8.32.5 (x86_64)?
  • From: Lars Norén <lars.noren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 00:09:50 +0100
Yes, I've had experiences with ATI 8.32.5 (x86_64), and they still keep
me awake at night. I have Radeon X800 XL. Making the *.rpm went fine;
installing it -- no problemo -- configuring X... no, I couldn't get that
'Sax2 -r -m 0=fglrx' thing working, so I started YaST as usual instead
and made all the changes I wanted, and the test went fine but when I
clicked OK everything froze. RESET! Nothing was written to xorg.conf --
still 2D. Ok, so, let's do the YaST thing again but without the test,
just close SaX and restart the computer. It went fine! Everything worked
and I had 3D but everytime I logged out everything froze again and I had
to RESET in order to shut down. Not good. Back too 10.1 and when 10.2 no
3D. A bit sad. I'm thinking of buying a nVidia card instead. /Lars