Re: [opensuse] How about integrating real 3D desktop - Looking Glass into openSUSE ?
  • From: Goksin Akdeniz <goksin.akdeniz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 00:54:28 +0200
> I think this is a great idea. I run LookingGlass live CD on an IBM
> P-IV and it was quite slow, I guess when we talk about 3-D it is all
> about hardware, but the new interactions with information in such an
> environment are worth looking at in my mind.

If you like to run it, have extra rpms. ;)

Such eye candy stuff depends on hardware. If you prefer fluxbox or xfce then
such desktops or window managers are useless. Besides think of old hardware.
I do still run my Pentium I-II-III, AMD K6-K7 boxes. I do prefer hardware do
the computing and crunch data while it is for daily use.
--
Goksin Akdeniz

www.enixma.org
www.linuxnet.com.tr