Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:51:25 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2007-01-07 at 00:21 +0400, Sergey Mkrtchyan wrote:

> > He could use a graphic format as png. Ah, have a look at the djvu format: it
> > is designed for scanned material, not as pdf. The problem is creation, not
> > simple.
>
> Will drop that idea to him ;) I guess he has configured his scanner to produce
> pdf automatically, not sure though.

Ah, yes, some scanner programs (specially in windows) produce pdf output
directly, making them simple to generate. maybe it is possible to do the
same in Linux.

The djvu format is very interesting, it produces small files out of
scanned material with much better readability. The strong disadvantage is
that generating them is not easy. Programs like "The Gimp" can not create
them, not even load them. The only way in Linux to create them is by
command line, and not a simple one. Konqueror can not display it. There
are plugins for Firefox and Iexplorer, though.

> Ok, I've already regitered to opensuse-test list ;), now playing there with
> it. Seems that problem is in my mail provider web-page, not general one.
>
> By the way, I liked "identities" in TB very much. Didn't know about them
> before. Good thing.

It's a new feature; I discovered it about two months ago.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.