Re: [opensuse] switching Firefox to manual updates check
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:57:19 +0100
Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 06 January 2007 04:36, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
>> I've just tried it myself deactivated all update functionality, disabled
>> the start page and logged the network traffic for 30-40 seconds after
>> Firefox start.
>>
>> What I see is a HTTP connect to en-US.fxfeeds.mozilla.com
>> [63.245.209.21]. This matches your observations in the above case and
>> this happens because of the default livebookmark "Latest Headlines"
>> which is included by default. If you have that in your bookmarks it'll
>> load the recent news from the mozilla.com server.
>
> Thank you very much for your feedback, Wolfgang.
>
> I'll look at this more deeply over the weekend. I have no 'live' links in the
> hand-maintained local start page, so the connections are resulting from
> settings elsewhere.

I'm not sure if you just explained not clearly enough but the bookmarks
I'm talking about is not on any start page but in the user's bookmark
list. I wonder just because the IP address exactly fits your description
so I really would have thought that this bookmark is active in your
configuration.

Wolfgang