Re: [opensuse] Sound Level Much Too Low
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:41:58 -0500
On 2007/01/06 18:45 (GMT+1100) Basil Chupin apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Changing Line had no effect, but Head.. (3rd from left) did. Both Head..
>> and PCM need to be at or near the top. Now the difference between Linux
>> & XP isn't enough to fuss about. Problem solved. :-)

> Forgot to add: I wouldn't put (any) levels to be at the top - near the
> top OK but not all the way to the top. Being at the top would lead to
> sound distortion. I put mine to be 97% at the most.

What I actually settled on was about 85% for both Head.. and PCM. There
is no DAC and master has no effect. I'm only using the green jack. The
blue one seems to never output anything in doz or linux.
--
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409