Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 13:12:45 +0100 (CET)

The Saturday 2007-01-06 at 12:24 +0400, Sergey Mkrtchyan wrote:

> > Read this, then correct your "signature":
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block
> >

> I read it, thank you, but that didn't answer my question. So what should I do,
> create a *.txt file with my signature and using Thunderbird (Tools->Account
> Settings -> Attach This Signature) attach it. I think I've done it and that
> didn't preserve my signature as it is in txt file.

You can have several diferent signatures for your different profiles
(Thunderbird calls them "identities"), based on the "from" address,
mostly. You need to create a plain ascii signature, there is no
alternative.

That is, use a plain text signature for your plain text emails, and an
html sig for your html emails. Two diferent signatures.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.