Re: [opensuse] Sound Level Much Too Low
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 18:45:24 +1100
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2007/01/06 17:39 (GMT+1100) Basil Chupin apparently typed:

[pruned]

If not then do so, run it and make
sure that LINE is activated (ie, click on it, bottom, and after it turns grey use the up-arrow to increase the level). Might as well check all the other levels while you have the mixer opened.

Changing Line had no effect, but Head.. (3rd from left) did. Both Head..
and PCM need to be at or near the top. Now the difference between Linux
& XP isn't enough to fuss about. Problem solved. :-)

Forgot to add: I wouldn't put (any) levels to be at the top - near the top OK but not all the way to the top. Being at the top would lead to sound distortion. I put mine to be 97% at the most.

Cheers.