Re: [opensuse] Sending mail via my ISP relay using sendmail
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:41:51 -0900
On Friday 05 January 2007 10:38, Mike Noble wrote:

> Why do you keep talking about sendmail and postfix, these are both
> MTA's. You either use one or the other.
>
> Mike

Mike:
Sendmail is also a command that has been in just about every linux
since dirt. It has nothing to do with Sendmail the MTA. If you run
a postfix machine you still a sendmail program installed and a man page
for it. Its supplied by the Postfix package as a compatibility feature
because so much software requires it.

--
John Andersen