Re: [opensuse] problem with konqueror image preview
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:57:40 -0800
On Friday 05 January 2007 19:35, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Kai Ponte wrote:
> > On a new comparison, I did the same in Super User mode, and see that the
> > Meta Info tab is enabled for JPEG files and the Auto Preview tab
> > functions as normal.
>
> Hmmm, interesting "problem" :-) . Who actually owns the directory(ies)
> where the jpgs reside?

AFAIK, I do. The user is set to kai and group users on the directory and ones
above.

I find it very odd super user can see previews and I cannot.

Maybe I'll just run as root.

Doesn't that sound like a good idea?

> >> In a period of great joy and pleasure you are comforted by the thought
> >> that tragedy is just around the corner.
> >
> > What is that? Something from NetHack? :)
>
> Don't know what NetHack is

One of the first Adventure-style games from the latter '80s. I played it at
university.

http://www.nethack.org/

> but it's not from there - it's a tagline from
> the late 80s-early90s I used on the BBS :-) .

...I forsee half the peeps here going out and looking up what a BBS is. :P

--
kai - theperfectreign@xxxxxxxxx

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...