[opensuse] Sound Level Much Too Low
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:38:09 -0500
I just installed XP and 10.2 on a Dell GX150 PIII 833, which has onboard
audio. KDE InfoCenter shows the sound driver is ALSA for Intel
82801BA-ICH2. XP sound works nicely. 10.2 sound is about 10% (at most)
of the volume level of XP, and has a loud hum if I turn the volume up
enough to actually hear anything. Is there some sort of sound volume
initialization procedure that needs to be done to get acceptable output?
It seems like I hit this long ago but don't remember anything about it. :-(
--
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409