Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:57:47 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2007-01-05 at 21:11 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Friday 05 January 2007 20:02, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > Web sites use html. Nobody tells them to use plain text. Html is not evil
> > per se. Use of html by evil people can be evil. That's different.
>
> You might be right.... However....
>
> When they switched over to opensuse as a mail server from the old
> suse-linux-e, the first thing that struck me was one person sending html's to

That's different. I don't like html on lists, specially on suse lists, and
I like that the server has a rule banning them: I missed that and I also
noticed those emails coming to the list. That's very different from
banning all html emails I receive.

In fact, my spamassassing gives them some decipoints ;-)

> the list. I don't recall what struck me as offensive the way he was doing it
> and I *do* receive a lot of html mail from others not on the list. But this
> particular person was offensive and it caused me to make up a rule to delete
> all html coming to this list.
>
> So it depends.... but it certainly can be offensive.

We are biased. I certainly become suspicious when I get an html email,
and more so it is only html. But I decide on each one, I don't bann them.

After all, I use Pine for my email... html doesn't harm me ;-)

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.