Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 21:11:26 -0500
On Friday 05 January 2007 20:02, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> Web sites use html. Nobody tells them to use plain text. Html is not evil
> per se. Use of html by evil people can be evil. That's different.

You might be right.... However....

When they switched over to opensuse as a mail server from the old
suse-linux-e, the first thing that struck me was one person sending html's to
the list. I don't recall what struck me as offensive the way he was doing it
and I *do* receive a lot of html mail from others not on the list. But this
particular person was offensive and it caused me to make up a rule to delete
all html coming to this list.

So it depends.... but it certainly can be offensive.