Re: [opensuse] Stirring the pot (Was: Getting rid of "Marching Penguins")
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:44:13 -0600
On 2006-12-30 19:06, James Knott wrote:
> Whenever I boot my notebook computer, after installing 10.2, I get those
> "Marching Penguins". While they may have been cute around Christmas,
> they're beginning to wear thin. Is there any simple way to get rid of
> them? Why on earth is there such a thing on something that should be
> used in business?

Having now seen the marching penguins for the very first time, I for one
vote for seasonal penguins -- e.g. summer penguins could be water-skiing
and riding bikes. Hmm, penguins on a beach wearing sunglasses, now that
would be cool.

I could be talked into always using a graphical bootsplash for that.