Re: [opensuse] Sending mail via my ISP relay using sendmail
  • From: Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:43:10 -0500
On Friday 05 January 2007 2:38 pm, Mike Noble wrote:

> Why do you keep talking about sendmail and postfix, these are both
> MTA's. You either use one or the other.

I believe that sendmail is a "wrapper" for postfix, so the sendmail command
calls upon the postfix machinery.

From the sendmail manpage:

The Postfix sendmail(1) command implements the Postfix to Sendmail
compatibility interface. For the sake of compatibility with existing
applications, some Sendmail command-line options are recognized but silently
ignored.

The old sendmail command probably lives somewhere, but it's well hidden.

Paul