Re: [opensuse] Sending mail via my ISP relay using sendmail
  • From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:26:14 -0800
On Friday 05 January 2007 11:38, Mike Noble wrote:
> On Friday 05 January 2007 06:06, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Paul Abrahams <abrahams@xxxxxxx> [01-05-07 00:33]:
> > > I'm trying to send mail through my ISP using sendmail (postfix under
> > > the covers). I have to use sendmail because the actual application
[...]
> Why do you keep talking about sendmail and postfix, these are both
> MTA's. You either use one or the other.
>
> Mike

Not strictly true....sendmail is program that is part of the Postfix package
(on my OpenSUSE 10.1 system):
jlc:~ # which sendmail
/usr/sbin/sendmail
jlc:~ # rpm -qf !$
rpm -qf `which sendmail`
postfix-2.2.9-10

'man sendmail' will show a page describing the Sendmail to Postfix
compatibility interface.

Jim