Re: [opensuse] test of sending to list using TEXT not HTML
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:32:21 -0500
On 2007/01/05 07:11 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> On Friday 05 January 2007 04:33, Joachim Schrod wrote:

>> Because HTML emails tend to be much larger (again, not all of are on
>> broadband all of the time).

> Can you quantify that? 'Cause I don't believe that a few font variations
> have a significant bloating effect on message body size.

You can answer that yourself by viewing source on an outhouse excess
message. They are sent as multipart mime, which means there are two
copies of the actual content, plus the multipart overhead, plus the
actual HTML markup, which can be considerable, plus the common malware
binary attachment.
--
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409