Re: [opensuse] anyone else having problems w/ smart not finding keys?
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:26:34 -0500
On Wednesday January 03 2007 7:25 pm, Curtis Rey wrote:

[snip]

> Ya, I've had repeated problems with pgp keys and it seems to be related to
> the site it's getting them from. Best that I can tell it's all about with
> the pgp key is old or outright borked. The other thing is that it may have
> to do with the site and its access setup that kludges the keys. Try
> another site. There was a thread earlier this week about alternate site and
> using the original (or seemingly so) YaST update packages over ZMD/Novell
> based package and update tool. The sites recommended there are fairly
> brisk (is a *.be site) and no problems so far (and reverting back to
> openSUSE-update schema is more to my liking as well).
>
> > Amarok seems borked.. it doesn't even like oggs any more. Forgets it's
> > supposed to use the xine-engine. I hope the install from the boxed set
> > will clean up some of this silly stuff, which I am certain came about
> > from testing this and that ... but I knew I was going to blow this
> > install away when the boxed set came. ( it's so much nicer to have
> > everything in one place rather than hunting round different sites for
> > stuff...
>
> Find and and move the Amarok folder and files (don't delete them) and try
> it again. You did get the Packman updates? They have exceedingly more
> functionality than the braindead/crippled - we don't want to get sued by
> morons Novell package. If you have any problems with this post again and
> well figure it out.
>
> > <Very evil Grin>

Well, one of the long lasting continueal problem with Smart, Zen, and the
openSUSE updaters is that a good deal of the time, NONE can get into a
packman site!! I'm very greatfull for packman, but for several months
connecting to a proper dir. there for updates is almost impossible.

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.