[opensuse] problem with konqueror image preview
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:23:16 -0800
Some time ago, I forget when, I noticed I had a problem previewing images in
Konqueror. For some reason, I can no longer preview images in .jpg format.
GIF images are just fine for previews.

Someone mentioned a bug in the JPEG compressor, so I figured I'd just wait for
a fix.

Well, today, while logged in as Konqueror under Super User mode, I was copying
some files over from a Win2K system and changing permissions. I noticed that
I can - in fact - see .jpeg files in Konqeror. However, it only works in
Super User mode. What gives?

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2007/suse101_konq_preview.jpg

You can see here a split screen of the same directory. The top is Konq in
super user mode showing the previews and the bottom is the same directory in
peon mode showing no previews.

What did I break?

--
kai - theperfectreign@xxxxxxxxx

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...