[opensuse] Here's a question for you guys.. Where does Yast keep the list of Install Sources?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:07:55 -0500

I've got a migraine I'd be happy to trade anyone for doing my own
research here, but.. where would yast keep a list of the install
sources? I have added various ones as folks have mentioned them since
the GM was released on the net. And being the crack typist that I am, I
would prefer to to a copy/paste ... If there is a list stored somewhere
( The safe bet is there is one ;) ) It will be much faster and cleaner
than trying to recreate the current list from all the emails since the
release happened.

Once I have that sorted , I can do my nice clean install and have a tidy
box before I attack the other ones in the place. Hehehehe some of these
boxes are still on 9.3, or maybe 9.2 , and those folks are in for a bit
of a culture shock.. the changes from then to now are almost
startling . The list of urls to check for updated packages, rather than
rummage thru the web on ones own, on that "install sources" list are
just one of many changes that probably have much more impact than
anyone thought when the ideas were first talked about.

I realize there are people who have some problems some hardware and some
not, and some people have problems w/ any new OS ( or new version of
an OS, but guys, just in the one yearpast you have made a leap that
means anyone's Gran can install and use Suse (10.2 and onward) w/o the
customary hand holding. I'm not certain which part of the culture will
be the more shocked by that.

;)