Re: [opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:55:12 -0800

> > That's not really right. It's only even close for DRM content (of
> > which I have none).
>
> What is 'DRM content'

Content protected by Digital Rights Management software.

> > Many people recommend using manual iPod content management in
> > iTunes. That prevents this nasty "I own you iPod and all its
> > contents" mode that is the default for iTunes.
>
> How do you manually manage iPod content?

Select the iPod icon (in the "Devices" section) in the left-hand column
of the iTunes window. The iPod's options include "Manually manage music
and videos". Select this option. Now you will have to explictly copy
each song / audio recording, podcast or video file to the iPod.

> Thanks,
> Jerome

RRS