Re: [opensuse] Connecting PPTP VPN
  • From: Herbert Graeber <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:24:50 +0100 (MET)
Am Donnerstag, 4. Januar 2007 23:25 schrieb Rauch Christian:
> Herbert Graeber schrieb:
> > I have put a package for NetworkManager-pptp into the SUSE Build
> > Service.
>
> I installed your package today and the menu shows up with "VPN
> Verbindungen". But if I click to configure a new VPN, nothing happens.
> restarting the network manager and the complete network via rcnetwork
> restart doesn't change anything. Can you help me resolve this?
>
> I'm using 10.2 x86_64 with KDE here and installed
> NetworkManager-pptp-0.6.3.cvs20060819-8.1.x86_64.rpm

Maybe there is some dependcy missing, that is already fulfilled on my test
system. First you should install the package pptp. As a second try you should
install NetworkManager-openvpn. This may add the missing package(s), too.

I will uninstall these packages on my system and have look the neccessary
dependencys.

CHeers
Herbert