[opensuse] OpenOffice_org 2.1 on 10.2??? (WRT: SUSE Security Announcement)
  • From: Philip Amadeo Saeli <psaeli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:59:47 -0800
[excerpt]
----- Forwarded message from Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> -----

1) Problem Description and Brief Discussion

Security problems were fixed in the WMF and Enhanced WMF handling
in OpenOffice_org These could potentially be used to execute code
or crash OpenOffice when a user could be convinced to open specially
crafted document (for instance a document sent by E-mail).

This issue is tracked by the Mitre CVE ID CVE-2006-5870.

openSUSE 10.2 is not affected by this problem, it already contains
the fixed OpenOffice_org 2.1 version.

----- End forwarded message -----

The above excerpt from today's OpenOffice_org security announcement
states that "openSUSE 10.2 is not affected by this problem, it already
contains the fixed OpenOffice_org 2.1 version." How is this so? The
only version I've been able to find in the openSUSE 10.2 repos is 2.0.4
(OpenOffice_org-2.0.4-38.i586.rpm).

Was this a mistake or is OpenOffice_org 2.1 indeed available for
openSUSE 10.2? If it is, I would very much like to know how I may
obtain it.

Thanks,

Phil

--