Re: [opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: "Mark Hirst" <MARK.HIRST@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:21:38 -0600
That's if you allow itunes to manage the ipod - if you select to
manually manage, than it's pretty much a usb drive.

Scott Gilmore wrote:

> It's also worthy to note that amarok and banshee also work with the
> itunes db. I've tried it with amarok prior to 1.4 with some luck. I
> also tried banshee. Of the 3, gtkpod seemed to be the easiest to
use,
> IMHO.
>
> One item of note though; populating your ipod with gtkpod and then
> syncing with itunes on a windows pc wiped all the songs from my
> collection. I had to go back to gtkpod and resync with it. I did not
> investigate why this happened.
>
> -Scott
My daughter claims that that is the way Itunes works. After populating

your IPod from one computer with Itunes that is the only computer you
are allowed to sync with. If you sync with any other install of Itunes,

Itunes will wipe your Ipod clean. It's anti piracy.

--
roger
http://www.terra2tarmac.com