Re: [opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: Roger Dedrick <rogerd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:50:46 -0500

Scott Gilmore wrote:

It's also worthy to note that amarok and banshee also work with the
itunes db. I've tried it with amarok prior to 1.4 with some luck. I
also tried banshee. Of the 3, gtkpod seemed to be the easiest to use,
IMHO.

One item of note though; populating your ipod with gtkpod and then
syncing with itunes on a windows pc wiped all the songs from my
collection. I had to go back to gtkpod and resync with it. I did not
investigate why this happened.

-Scott
My daughter claims that that is the way Itunes works. After populating your IPod from one computer with Itunes that is the only computer you are allowed to sync with. If you sync with any other install of Itunes, Itunes will wipe your Ipod clean. It's anti piracy.

--
roger
http://www.terra2tarmac.com