Re: [opensuse] Beryl and openSUSE 10.2 AMD64 and nVidia
  • From: "Jigish Gohil" <jigish.gohil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:23:05 +0530
On 1/4/07, Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there!

after reading this thread and taking a look at my system (also openSuSE 10.2 on AMD64) I'm considering installing Beryl and give it a try... Anyway, what keeps me from doing it is: how do I revert to the previous state?? is it as simple as deleting the links created as described on http://en.opensuse.org/Beryl#Making_Beryl_start_automatically ??

ln -s /usr/bin/beryl-manager ~/.kde/Autostart/beryl-manager
ln -s /usr/bin/beryl ~/.kde/Autostart/beryl

Yes deleting the links will remove beryl-manager fromstartup, although
you can select to login to kwin/metacity by selecting from
beryl-manager.

I would advise starting beryl manually (Alt+F2 -> beryl-manager or
from konsole).

Would the Beryl setup interfere somehow with the nVidia drivers?? Right now everything is working just fine openGL-wise: GL-screensavers, googleEarth, etc and I'd be rather in an "I-wanna-kill-somebody"-mood if it breaks because of the Beryl setup...

Don't worry, go ahead, if the world do go bust, we'd still be around to help.

Cheers

-J