[opensuse] Question for iPod users out there!
  • From: Wade Jones <wjones@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:10:03 -0600
On Wednesday 03 January 2007 21:25, Jorge Fábregas wrote:

Assuming my iPod is already formatted with FAT32, isn't it just a matter of
mounting the ipod and copy my mp3's to some specific folder on the "mounted
drive"? Why do I need an app? I initially thought that the ipod (Nano 2G in
this case) wasn't perceived as an "USB mass storage device" but I'm confused
now :(

Thanks,
Jorge

One of the music consumers in this household just got a new iPod Shuffle, to
replace an aging Trio MP3 player. The iPod documentation states that iTunes
must be used to copy music to the device, that it is possible to copy files
for data storage but copied music files will not be playable. Testing
indicated that this was the case; man I hate it when I hafta read the manual
to get things working!

From the description of ipod-sharp:
is a library that allows manipulation of the iTunesDB used in Apple iPod®
devices. Currently it supports adding and removing songs and manipulating
existing play lists.