Re: [opensuse] Switching from 9.3 to 10.2
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:14:51 -0600
El Miércoles, 3 de Enero de 2007 09:59, Marcus Meissner escribió:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:54:45AM -0600, Alfredo Cole wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I just switched from 9.3 to 10.2. Everything seemed to go fairly
> > well. However, when recompiling a C++ project I'm working on, I
> > get the following error:
> >
> > error: converting to execution character set: Invalid or
> > incomplete multibyte or wide character
> >
> > I had not seen this error before. A google search did not help.
> > Could somebody point me to a direction where I can find
> > information?
>
> You might have used non-ASCII characters in comments or similar.
> It should report an error line, check it?
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Yes. It has a lot of non ASCII characters since text messages are
written in Spanish. And there are over 400 source files in this
project. Is the solution to go over each one and change the text
using an editor and present coding? I am using LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
coding, whereas under SUSE 9.3 I had LANG=es_ES only. There must be
an easier way.

Thank you.
.
--