[opensuse] 10.2 annoyances
  • From: Sargon <sml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:15:38 -0600
In previous releases we were able to change SCPM profiles at boot time
by adding PROFILE=profile_name to the boot statements in GRUB's
menu.lst. In 10.2 this doesn't work, at least not on the two laptops
we are testing.

We also noticed that changing the KDE splash screen seems to have no
effect, as the SuSE default still loads. We went so far as to log
out, delete the ksplashrc file, login, change the screen, and
logout/login, only to see the default splash screen load.

Has anyone else run into these?