[opensuse] Problems installing 10.2 on 256 mb system
  • From: Torvald Bringsvor <bringsvor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:04:17 +0100 (CET)
Hi.

I have a P4 system with 256 Mb of RAM. I start the
installation from CD, and then direct it to install
from HTTP. Then the installer says that I don't have
enough RAM to run yast2, and it asks me to add a swap
partition. I have made a swap partition on the
harddrive, so I add it. Then I do the usual stuff, and
the installation starts to format the disks, and then
things go haywire: it can't mount the swap. The
message says that it can't find the mount point
'swap', but the debug message lists the mount command,
and that seemingly tries to do mount -t ntfs !!

Is this a known problem? What can I do about it?

Thanks.

-Torvald