Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of "Marching Penguins"
  • From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:44:35 -0500
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 8:06 pm, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> I think this is terrible.  To make a small child think that God is crying
> because of some small "sin" that the child may have committed is
> unconscionable. The child would have to be pretty small to accept something
> like this, and would certainly not be of an age to be responsible for sins,
> which the Church seems to accept as being about 7 years of age. Such
> a thing would very likely turn the child off from religion altogether, if
> he should remember it when older.

Doug,

It sounds like you possibly did not realize that was a joke. It comes
from "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey," which were featured for several years on
Saturday Night Live. That was always one of my favorites. Another of my
favorites was

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can
picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

Ha, don't get me started! Search Google and you will find tons of sites with
Deep Thoughts collections.

Bryan