Re: [opensuse] No analogue inputs with Intel HD Audio ( ICH8 ) on 10.2
  • From: Adi Pircalabu <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 01:14:44 +0200
Ian Moore wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 January 2007 01:37, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>> Ian,
>>
>> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 05:40, Ian Moore wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I've recently installed Suse10.2 on my new computer which has an
>>> Intel DP965LT motherboard. It has the ICH8 chipset and Suse detected
>>> & installed the Intel HD-Audio driver (snd_hda_intel) for the
>>> soundcard, which works fine for playback. However, only the Digital
>>> Line In is available as an input (I'm running KDE and both it's mixer
>>> and Audacity only show Line Out & Digital Line In).
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about enabling the analogue
>>> inputs?

I'm not sure what is the problem here. Do you have problems with the
microphone? Does it work on your motherboard using 10.2?
What does "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec*" say?
There are issues with snd_hda_intel and alsa, some chipsets are
troublesome. Read here:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=2038
http://tinyurl.com/y3xby4

Basically you can get lucky playing with the codecs listed in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.18.2-34/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt
I've got microphone working on Ubuntu after adding "options
snd_hda_intel model=ref" in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base and rebooting. On
Suse I guess it should go in /etc/modprobe.d/sound
Hope this helps

--

Adi Pircalabu