Re: [opensuse] Speaking of Firefox...
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:35:28 -0500
On Tuesday 02 January 2007 00:46, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday January 02 2007 12:08 am, Renegade Penguin wrote:
> > I've noticed that - several banks use the same back end and they
> > got upgraded recently, and if you don't have IE, it doesn't like
> > it.  This is very common with some US banking sites as of late
> > unfortunately.
>
> As an aside, have you tried Konq. at those sites, and if so, how'd it
> work?
>
> Fred
========

Actually, that's what I use for most things now Fred. Kong seems to be
falling into the "works with everything" category pretty well. If not,
I can spoof as Safari, which uses the same engine. It's really pretty
bad programming that any site checks for a browser anymore. There are
none available now that doesn't offer full security over and above IE!

Lee