Re: [opensuse] Icons disappear in KDE when using Firefox
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:23:58 +1100
Curtis Rey wrote:
Happy 2007 all! :D

I haven't figured out why when I start Firefox the Icons on my desktop (KDE 3.55) disappear. For instance, if the browser opens in the right corner position 0.0 and is say 1024x768 on a 1280x1024 then all the Icons behind this space are gone - and therefore when I move the browser window to see that indeed the icons behind have been blanked the icons where I moved the window is now gone. It's kinda like an eraser.
When I close Firefox then as soon as the browse is truly closed the icons come back (theres a short period where the browser is gone and so are the icone).

Any help would be appreciated - likely a straight forward fix (at least I'm hoping).

TIA, Curtis.

While I have never experienced this so cannot help but have to ask 2 questions: (1) does this happen if you open another application and move it the way you move FF?; and (2) what happens if you open FF is full screen and then either use the 'restore' and the 'minimise' buttons?

Cheers.