Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of "Marching Penguins"
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:55:51 +0100
Mandag 01 januar 2007 23:41 skrev Mike Grello:
> On Monday 01 January 2007 04:57 pm, John Andersen wrote:
> > >
> > > Then get the professional version, not the "geek" version :-p
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > Carlos E. R.
> >
> > Exactly So!
> > If is boss is going to be evaluating software, even assuming his
> > boss is competent, and look and feel at boot time is what
> > makes or breaks the deal then get SLED, not opensuse..
> >
> > His boss sounds like the kind of guy who needs that security
> > blanket of a check being printed and mailed to pay for the
> > software.
>
> This is correct; the computing world does not begin and end with bean
> counting. Leave some space for Grandma and little Timmy. They matter.

Dear list,

- please allow me to add a few of my own observations gathered from working
with the Linux/SuSE desktop in corporate environments...

a)
Management indeed tends to be very fuzzy about what's on their PC's. They do
because they are used to a MS-Windows environment, where this is an important
issue.

b)
Namedropping is popular. I always see to that company logos etc., are properly
displayed just about everywhere when I go to a first time demo of an
application or a desktop for a buyer. Having a logozied (new word :-)) setup
is a fine icebreaker. Even you could argue that it's ever so primitive, it
works. I ALLWAYS see to that the first desktop background sports the company
logo. They don't say anything..., but they love it.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Verner Kjærsgaard